Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Airhostess

Nowadays as people have had more demands in this society, more different type of jobs opportunities will be provide to serve the public in order to satisfy people’s desires. It means that people have more choices to get a job that they like as long as they have enough ability to get it. For example, if you want to be a kindergarten teacher, you need to know how to take care of your students since they are very young and how to design the curriculum. For me, being an airhostess is one of my dream jobs because it will improve my English and allow me to meet different people and go to many places to fulfill my dream of traveling around the world.

English is the only language I can use to communicate with people who don’t know Chinese. Since being an airhostess requires good English ability, I must have excellent English skills when I become an airhostess so that I can serve my passengers in the airplane. Also, through keep speaking English to passengers, my speaking skills will progress dramatically because I practice every day. As a result, people will envy that I can speak English fluently and I will get respect from them. In addition, if I want to change jobs, it will be easier to find a job than others due to the fact that my English skills are excellent. In short, improving my English over this career is the first reason why I want to be an airhostess.

There is another reason to explain why I choose to be an airhostess as my dream job. I will have more chances to make different friends who have different levels of social status and background, such as a Dubai person who owns many petroleum companies or a man who comes from Africa. Maybe some of them will become my future husband. Furthermore, since I know many people, I will learn about different cultures and stories through our communication. And then because of my job feature, I will have more opportunities to visit different countries in person which my passengers suggest. Therefore, I won’t need to spend much time searching travel information; I will know exactly where I should go when I visit certain places, I will feel comfortable with many people of many different cultures.

Being an airhostess, not only will enhance my English but also I can make friends who come from diverse backgrounds and visit different countries. Unfortunately, this dream job is impossible to achieve because it requires a physical condition: airhostesses must be at least 5 feet, 5 inches and, therefore; I am too short. Now, I am trying to find other ways to attain the same benefices, and this essay has given me some good ideas.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a good job for you, and you need improve your English. But i think it`s a difficult job~~ I want to get a easy job!!!
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airhostessu actually is a difficult job did you know about that? I saw the Japanese drama talked about the airhostess training, it is really hard and you need to have high EQ, anway, it is a women dream job, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rememvered that when i was in kingdergarden, i wanted to be a airhostess very much because airhostess is very beautiful, and i can wear high-heel. At that time, i wanted to be very tall because airhostess is tall. However, when i grew up, i changed. Being an airhostess is a difficult thing, it needs a lot of conditions. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete