Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Jindo DOg

The Jindo dog is Natural Monument number 53 in Korea. It is not too much to say that the Jindo dog has lived alongside the history of Korea. However, many other countries people don’t know about the Jindo dog because their appearance is very normal. Nevertheless they are very great dog. Now, I will introduce the Jindo dog.
First is the appearance of the Jindo dog. Jindos come in five colors which are white, fawn, gray, black, and brindle. Among them, white and fawn are very popular named Beakgu and Hwanggu. The Jindo is medium-sized. is 48~53 cm tall, and their weight is 35 to 45 pounds. It is smaller than famous dogs in other countries. The ears are triangular and upright, and the face is very handsome. In addition, the tail is thick and strong and set on at the end of the top line. The under jaw is well developed.
The Jindo has many special traits that made it famous in Korea. It has a dauntless spirit, smart think and sense of loyalty. In the past, the government sent Korean tiger to Japan. They also sent three Jindos with tigers in order to give food to tiger. However, when they arrived in Japan, everyone was amazed because a tiger was dead. The jindos were covered with blood, but they survived. After that happened, people knew that the Jindo has a dauntless spirit and fighting skills. Moreover, the Jindo is very smart and loyal. In the past, one owner sold his Jindo to someone, but the Jindo wanted to go back to his first home. Jindo walked 150 miles for a few days and arrived at his owner’s home. It is a very famous story in Korea. They keep their loyalty to their first owner even more than other dogs.
Last is how the Jindo are used. They are used for hunting mostly. They also are used in the airport to find illegal drugs because their noses are well-developed, so they can find them very well. Actually, Police offices and army soldiers also use the Jindo in order to find illegal drugs. For these reasons the Jindos became very famous and beloved in Korea
Although they are very normal in appearance, they are greater than other dogs. Their dauntless spirit, intelligence, and loyalty have made them famous. Actually their abilities are already widely known in Germany, so many Germans are getting the Jindos. The FBI also has a plan to use the Jindos. In the future, the Jindo will be even more famous, throughout the world.

“Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.” Korean JIndo Dog. 5 May 2009. 19 May 2010.

11 comments:

  1. All Korean know Jindo dogs. They are really brave and smart. Nowadays, I heard FBI check Jindo dog. However, Jindo dogs are decresed. I don't know exactly.. Korea need to protect Jindo dog. Although Jindo dogs are small, they are really brave and smart~~ like me~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cool is that, dog can kill tiger! In addition, Jindo dogs are so loyal and smart. If I can choose what kind of dogs to be my pet, Jindo dogs will be my second choice because I don't need to worry about they hurt me and lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're very cute and smart. I'm amazed when they can kill a tiger, they cooperated and fight together... that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Bill is fun.kkk, yes it is amazing that Jindo dog can kill the tiger. I think according to this fact, many country will more curious to Jingdo dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom,i like your topic because i love dogs very much!Actually,i want to choice the same topic as you!some kind of dogs are so smart but some aren't.Now I miss my dog so much after saw your essay.:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow~~~this dog would be beautiful, and i like dogs so much!!! I like the smart dogs because if i call dog`s name, it don`t see me. I would be sad. I think you like dogs too, right??

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. actually I knew about Jindo which is very famous in Korea, even though I'm not that big fan of all kinds of animal. I didn't know that even foreigner like it. it's a good dog though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mr.Jindo kkkkkkkk Jindo dog is our tradition and it represents our history of pet in Korea. kk I love it! I really enjoy reading it kk

    ReplyDelete
  9. After i read this essay, i fall in love with Jindo dog. They are really nice, and kind. They can cheer me up, and protect me. I really want one. This is a very good essay, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jindo dog will be famouse in the world!!
    I believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jindo dog is really loyal, but I really scared about dogs because when I was a child, I saw my uncle was attacked by dog. That why I scared about them and I always run away if I see dogs, haha.

    ReplyDelete