Monday, May 31, 2010

When You Gone...

In the heated summer of last year, my grandfather passed away. I would take small walks with him, play card games, and even computer games too every week. Two years ago, he was diagnosed with lung cancer, but his family did not tell him about it. Without knowing about his disease, my grandfather fought against it for a year. The doctor often mentioned about how it’s a miracle. Even if my grandpa did not know about the disease, he felt his body become weaker day by day. One night, I couldn’t fall asleep. I lied in bed with my eyes open, my mind racing with unknown thoughts. Suddenly, I heard the hurried steps of my parents. I thought my mom wants to go visit my grandpa at the hospital. It was three in the morning when I took a look at the clock, which made me suspect whether something bad happened. I quickly texted my father to ask about my grandfather, but he never replied. Around fifteen minutes later, my mom called and told me to not to question what she is to say next. I was told to wear black and get to the hospital. My hands weakened all the sudden, crying as I got on the way. The car I rode didn’t fully stop, but I was already rushing out the door. Inside the hospital, there were loud noises of people crying, disturbing the silent night. My cousin told me, “Don’t cry, or else Grandpa will be worried.” I suddenly realized that the day I feared has finally come. Walking near my grandpa’s bed, I finally let out my tears. I feared walking near him, looking at him. Then, my aunt told me that my grandpa’s mouth won’t close no matter what, as if he still has something to say. I walked over with my cousin and said, “Don’t worry Grandpa. We will study very hard and become someone useful. Don’t worry about us; we will take care of our family. Don’t worry.” When my aunt attempted to shut his mouth again, it closed automatically. From then on, I promised that I would do what I had said to my grandfather. I won’t be a trouble to anyone; I won’t make others worry. To me, the death of my grandfather is the greatest change in my seventeen years.

10 comments:

  1. This artical make me recall my memory which about my grandpa. It's reaaly same with your experence. I remembered that after my dad picked up the phone, my parent ran so fast at 11pm. I couldn't slept, I staied all night. When my mom called me and told me about my grandpa passed away, I cried so loud.


    I really miss my grandpa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it really makes me reming my loved grandparent......:( Becuase i was raised by them when i was little for a short time, I espeicially love them... These days, I miss them more than before :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's happen to me too. When my grandfather died I changed. I think there is sometimes we didn't learn until we lost someone and that what happen to me when I lost my grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada,
    I feel sorry to hear about that, and this event remined me how much i was sad on that day that my grandparents passed away long years ago. We all learned some lessons from our families who died.

    my mind racing with unknown thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so sorry hear that.this is a nice article, i enjoy in your story and make me feel sad. it's make think of my grandmother.i still miss her,even she passed away 5 years. i hope i can spend more time stay with my family. cancer really hurt many families,though death is lecture of our life, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so sad that hear this.i think your grandfather treat you as a little pricess right?haha~
    your essay let me miss my family so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so sad... Losting one of the families is really sad.. I don't have this experience, but when I was a middle school student, my friend lost his dad. He never cried, so we think he is really strong. However, he always cried in the rest room... He is study very hard. His grade became very high. And he never do bad behaviors. Now he is useful people in Korea. You will become a very useful people, I think. so...don't skip your class, and do homework. I think you already very useful person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes death of someone makes some people' mind is changed. This paragraph make me sad. Maybe everyone has same experience. I also experience when my grandmother die. I want to go back my country.....I will visit my grandmother' grave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt upset when I saw this artical. If people who are family or friends leave or pass away from me, I would cry all day or even more days. I think your grandpa is really happiness in the heaven! Although you really miss him, you need to happy about he is fin in the heaven.

    ReplyDelete