Monday, May 31, 2010

How To Plant Orchid

Flowers have always attracted people’s attention. In Taiwan, there are plenty of different kinds of beautiful orchids that made a great business for export. Orchids, referred to as the Orchid family and monocots, are found in the tropics, for the most are in Asia, South America, and Central America. Due to the great diversity of orchid species and its amazing beauty, orchids are popular all over the world. There are some tips about how to plant the orchids and keep them alive.
Orchids are very adaptable plants; they can be planted not only indoor, but also outdoor. Some people said that the orchids need to be planted in a greenhouse; in fact, that is not totally correct. It is true that some kinds of orchids are hard to plant, so orchids need suitable care. First of all, orchids need perfect humidity. We have to pay attention to orchids that need high humidity of no less than 50%; we should make sure it is not either too dry or too wet. Second, we need to water the orchid early in the morning before the sun comes out because the water won’t dry too fast. In addition, we have to consider about the weather in the area we live. If we live in a rainy place, then we do not need to water it often because it may kill them. Lastly, the light is important. We have to ensure that orchids can get enough light where we plant it; light will make the orchid become healthy. However, too much light can also make orchids become weak, so we just need to make sure orchid get the enough light. If the orchids seem too weak, we need to give them some fertilizers that they lack from their environment. Therefore, we should plant the perfect orchids that we want.
Orchids are the most multiple flowers in the world. In Taiwan, it is not only a great business but also symbolizes our country. People plant it for interest and business. They all please and joyful about plant the orchids. In my opinion, planting the orchid is just like rising up children. We need to give them what they need, prepare the perfect environment for them, make them strong.



Nicole Mellin. Orchid Flowers: Gardening Tips for Growing Orchids Indoors or Out. Howto dosomething.com. 20 May, 2010 <>

9 comments:

  1. i love plants, and i love orchids. In addition, there are many orchids in my house because my parents love it. I know that orchids has a lot of meanings, and the meanings are all good. However, orchids is not easy to keep because the weather. I want to plant a very expansive oechids in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my father loves planting orchids! It is a very fascinating plant, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. light and water are really necessary to plants. My like orchids so much, and so am I.
    MY mom plants lot of orchids. Some orchids are really expensive, but I think it is worth to but them because they are so beautiful and catch people's attation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe,
    After I read your essay, I felt that you were a such professional expert of orchid. I knew many of our classmates' houses had some orchids, maybe we had to remember that what you taught us from your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. zoe..my family like to collect orchids. we have a lot of different orchids in my home, in taiwan. Taiwanese orchids only grow up in taiwan. according to report, there are over 20 different types only grow up in taiwan so it is very important income to taiwanese flower farm. it's a nice business. if you like, you can discuss with me

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think flowers can make us feel good when we see them.Sometimes i will put some flowers in my room,such us rose.It can let us make relations good with others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh~ topic is same with Adele. I already said our home had many orchids, but now we don't have orchids because my brothers, nephews and I always play sports in my house. They are broken by us. I think all plants are hard to raise. We need to make good environment to grow them. I heard that when the plants listen beautiful music, they grow up very well. However, we just turn on the music and never give water, plants are die... It's really hard..so I think when we didn't play sports in our house, maybe they die because it is really hard to raise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!!!!!! many people like orchid. My father also like orchid, so we have a lot of orchids in my home. I know it is not easy to grow. Actually, many orchids daed in my home. I learned some information from your eassay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Tom. Many people love and plant orchid, and I always see orchid, they are so beautiful. My mom tried to plant orchid, but it is hard to grow. Finally, she gave up...haha

    ReplyDelete