Thursday, May 27, 2010

Singing

Singing is something that I can guarantee all people like. Everyone has a style he like and it depends on the singer. In this point we can ask ourselves:”what is singing ?” Singing consists of three things. It's music, speech and sound; moreover, it's different from each societies and cultures. First, I will talk about music. Music is what gives the song feeling. There are many popular musical instruments that are used in many societies, such as piano and violin. In addition, there are some different musical instruments which are used in a few societies, such as Kasur, a Special Tambourine famous in Iraq. The second thing which is very important is the lyrics. The lyrics must cooperate with the music. It sound more like the poetry and poets, an organized words that show the feeling of the poet. For example, In April Fool's Day, Nesbitt write a poetry which said:”Alyssa brought an apple. With a purple gummy worm. And gave it to the teacher. Just to see if she would squirm.”. The last things what is very important for the songs is the singer sound and his /her performance. They must know how to use his/her tonality and rhythm perfectly. In my opinion, the singers performance is the most important thing in the song. That why I think if you want to judge a singer you must listen to him without any music. Then you can said if this singer is good or not because you will judge on his/her performance. In these days many singers now a day can't sing without music. They are controlled by the music. The opposite of them is the good singer, who can control the music with his/her voice. However, I think I can give you a good example of a good singer. When you listen to Opera you might notice that the singer controls the music. What I mean by control the music is the music follows his/her voice not the other way around. It's not true every time. Sometimes when you follow the music it will be better for the song. It depends on the situation and the good singer who can tell when it's better to follow the music. Singing is a very huge world and it's take the whole of your life studying it. Moreover, if you don't practice you will starting to forget it slowly.


wikipedia, 5/20/2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing

Nesbitt, Kenn. “April Fool's Day. 2007. 5/23/2010
http://www.poetry4kids.com/poem-353.html

12 comments:

  1. I like sing a song so much! let's hang out next time, haha. I think singsing is amazing thing in the world. it can change bed mood better, it can make people get together joyful. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the first class(Mr.C's class), I often saw you. That time you wear a headphone and listen music.. Is it right?? mm,,, Did you listen music or English?? ,,, haha anyway I think you really like music because sometimes you late Jim's class because of listening music~~!! haha, I love music and sing a song~ you said nowadays singers are controled the music... I think so.. so sometimes bad singer is popular than good singer.. but I can't distinguish that singer, too... After this weekend, could you tell me exactly about a good singer??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you like music so much! Me too ^_^. But i don't think the lyrics sound like poet. Nowadays, there are some lyrics which just has a few sentences and don't match each other. I wish I could hear your voice in the graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like too.Singing song is a good way to relax for me.In taiwan many students likes this activity and always sing in the midnight.
    I don't know why but if you never do it is old fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree your opinions because i think the most important thing for singing is sound. And i think everyone can relax by singing, I like music so much. Are you a good singer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually I care about sounds! it's very important, if you want to show your opinion and your feeling. because even though you have a great lyrics, sounds not perfect that it won't help for lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like sing so much.In my country,I and my friends spend hours to sing every week. Sing is a gathering of a very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to singing so much. Esoecially, whenever I am upset, I like to listen to music and sing at that time. Although I am not a good singer, I still like to sing in front of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow~this is a nice essay. you give us detail about how to sing a song. i like your information that is really help me.can you sing for us? I wish I could hear your voice before the graduation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ahmad! It is very interesting essay kk it was easy to understand to me. Actually i tried to write about singing, but i gave up because it was quite difficult kkk Your one is interesting kk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to sing, but i couldn't sing very well before. I just liked singing, but i didn't know how to sing. When i was in grade 9, there was a sing match in our school. I signed in at that day, and i picked a song which i like. After a week, i joined the 2nd match, and i won the 2nd price. I think i was really lucky. After that experience, i love singing more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think every people like singing. music is our life. In the past, i just enjoy music. I never think about singing. After i read your essay, I think about it. You said that singing consists of three things. It's music, speech and sound. You thought very detail about singing. Good essay!

    ReplyDelete