Saturday, May 29, 2010

Headaches

The headache is a pain of the head that is a kind of disease. It involves pain in the head and the neck, even ears. In the 21th century, a lot of people have this disease of the health because we always live under the pressure of fast tempo of modern life every day. Relatively, headaches often result in people who live in stressful life. According to Motrin, “Migraine afflicts 28 million Americans, with females suffering more frequently (17%) than males (6%)” (Motrin , 2005). There are many causes of headaches, such as stress, emotion, life style. In addition, we talk about how the headache work in the head and three types of headaches, include tension headaches, migraine headaches, and cluster headaches.
The causes of headaches differ from person to person. However, everybody has some same reasons, such as stress, emotion, busy life, smoke. Nowadays, due to the increasing of stress and tension in the daily life, the headache has become one of the most common diseases. A headache could be the result of another major disease, like brain cancer, but the rate of headache is few. This is why it becomes difficult to find a solution to this problem. For example, when I was a high school student I had headache too. High school is an important process of study in Taiwan. In that time because competition among youths is intense I had a lot of stress. However, when finish high school program I never have headache anymore.

It is a complicated process that how the headache works in the head. A headache is a form of vascular. It is caused by vasodilatation that causes the release of chemicals from nerve and around the large arteries of the brain. The chemicals cause inflammation, pain, and uncomfortable feeling. The migraine attacks nervous system in the body; therefore, we begin to feel nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The headaches usually are described as a intense pain that can let us feel want to knock walls. Sometimes the pain is around in the forehead, the eye, or at the back of the head, even on one side of the head. This feeling as if your head like a stress ball, otherwise, it make us difficult to focus something.
There are three types of headaches. The first is tension headache that is a common type. The rate of women is more chance from tension headaches than men. This headache may last from 30 minutes to several days. In some people, tension headaches are caused by inadequate rest, emotional or mental stress, anxious, hungry. The second one is migraine headache. It is usually an intense pain on one or both sides of the head. Besides pain, it is also can cause nausea and vomit and afraid to light and sound. Some people even see flashing lights or have a temporary loss of vision. The pain can last a few hours or up to one or two days and some people get migraines once or twice a week. The third one is cluster headache that is less common type than migraine headache or tension headache. This pain comes without any symptoms and always begins in your eye. The headaches commonly come on just after you go to sleep.
Appropriate treatment for headaches is important. We need to treat depend on the types of headaches, individual response, and health conditions. In my opinion, lifestyle changes may be enough to resolve those headaches. For example, we need enough rest, relax, keep good emotion. In addition, using medications are available treat and prevent headaches.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Rvick, Linda J. “Headache” Medlineplus (2007) . Web . 19 May 2010.
< http://medlineplus.gov/>.
Hamilton, Anita.“A Genetic Link Between Migraines and Depression? ” Times .
20 Jan 2010. 19 May 2010.
Mayo, Clinic. “Cluster Headache.” Web.7 Feb 2009. <http://www.mayoclinic.com/>

10 comments:

  1. Your essay is good. Now i understand the process of headache. I have headache many times because i have to do a lot of homework :)). I hope you can tell me how to treat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think using medication is so so. If we use medication, maybe we use more powerful medication and more powerful medication. We always make better medicaion, and also disease is more powerful. I think make a time, and do exercise and control our body is better than using medication. Like your essay, we need to treet disease as well as headache. There are many methods without usung medication. According to some study, if people see the green thing such as tree and plant, stress is decreased. We need to find other methods with out using medication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never know we have so many differnet headache types in our life. i like your introduction. Especially,the second one is migraine headache. i had this types headache before and often an intense pain on my both sides of head. i really hate that. Sometimes,i see flashing lights and strongly light can make me get an intense headache. The migraine pain for me can keep two to four weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this society, people need work hard, so they are easy to get headaches. However, if we can relax our stress, we can reduse our headaches. I never get the headaches, so i can`t image this feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nowadays,many people are easy to got headaches.Headache has been my mother's old trouble,every time I can't do anything when she got a headache. I feel very sad. Drugs are usually only temporarily solve the headache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, i never had a headache, so i do not know what feeling about that. I heard many people said something about headache, but i can not understand. After i read this essay, i understand it. It is very painful, i hope i will never have a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a informational essay! Actually I have a headache habitually:( So I often wanted to know how headaches work in our body. From now on, i will try to treat my headaches appropriately

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stress casued my headache, too. Whenever people are grow up, they get many stress. Before I know about why I have headache, I always thought I got a serious sick such us cancer or something. People really need a time to relax or find some interesting thing to do beecause stress always caused lot of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't remember the last time I had a headache. However, I don't like it at all. I know many people if they don't drink tea they will had headache. One of them is my parent :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These days, many people have a headache because of stress. Stress is cause of many disease. We don't have to get stress. I learned about headache from your essay. Thank you.
    I think your writing skills improved very well.
    I envy you.. good job~

    ReplyDelete