Monday, April 12, 2010

CHOOSING A MAJOR
Choosing a major is very important to every student, but it’s not easy to decide what major you will study. I thought about it a lot and it changed the way I think about my life in the future. I was a senior high school student and I would graduate and go to study in a university, so I had to choose a best major for my aptitude. That was the most important thing in my life because everyone has to find a job and earn money to take care of themselves and their family. It was difficult for me because I hadn’t had any experiences about majors. I was worried, but my parents gave me some good advice. They told me, “You should search on the internet to find about jobs and related majors”. My dad also told me about his experiences when he chose a major. I felt more comfortable when I heard my dad. When I got enough information, I asked myself, “What major I like to study?” and “What is my ability to learn that major?”. I had to think carefully because this choice would decide my future, so I thought about it many days. Sometimes I felt worried because I couldn’t figure out my abilities that I needed to have to study in university. After reflecting for several days, I made a final decision. I chose Computer Science because I like to do math, calculation and computer applications. Then, I told my parents about my choice and they were very happy that I could make an important decision by myself for my future. My parents and relatives told me, “That’s a good major, Nghiem. You have to try your best and don’t look back, we are proud of you”. I could find a good job and get a high salary when I graduate with Computer Science. Until this day, I’ve never regretted my decision because I had thought about it carefully before I chose. Making this decision changed my mind a lot, and now I can make important decisions about my life without worry. Because I always think carefully and take responsibility for my choice, I feel very confident to manage my life better.

7 comments:

  1. I think it's hard to make decisions such as choosing major. I also had a hard time when i choose my major. I like computer but not computer science, because it's too hard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had hard decisions. I also had same problem. It is very important for life. I think you have good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your suituation occurs for every student. I also confused when I had to choice my major. Everyone needs to make a big desicion for everything. Your choice is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that decisions is one of the most important thing because your life is depending on it. However, I get suffer from choosing my major and maybe I still because their are some problem happened in the last few days.

    good luck to you Nghiem :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a well written paragraph--good job Teddy. Here is one grammar correction with explanation. You wrote, "I was a senior high school student and I would graduate and go to study in a university, so I had to choose a best major for my aptitude." It is possible to improve this sentence by writing, "I was a senior in high school about to graduate..." The modal "would" is not correct in this sentence. It is normally used for real conditional: Unreal Conditional Sentences
    PRESENT
    If I owned a car now, I would travel. (I don’t own a car.)
    It's also used as a modal to request something:
    REQUEST Example
    Would you show me your
    ticket?
    I would like a drink of water.

    Also, "...so I had to choose a best major for my aptitude." "a best major" should be "the best major..." Here is the rule from the book: "Use the definite article THE before SINGULAR COUNT NOUNS ["major"], plural nouns, and uncountable nouns that represent old or known information." Keep up the good work, Teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im happy that you find your interesting major!
    Because choose a major which you don't like is very hard to study!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Teddy:^^
    When I had to chooies my major, I didn't think too much. so, now I feel a little regretful that I didn't pay much attention to think this.

    ReplyDelete