Monday, April 12, 2010

Joining The Military

BY STEVE HUANG

Joining The Military

I was a soldier. I joined the military when I was twenty-four years old. It made me go from childlike to mature. Joining the military is a man’s responsibility in Taiwan. Every boy needs to be a soldier to protect our country. 2007 was a special year for me because I just graduated from university, but I had to go the army immediately. The government sent a letter from army’s notification to my home. On that day my mother received the mail. She opened it and read it very carefully. Suddenly, her reaction changed to upset, and then she came into my room. She didn’t say anything, just put the letter on my desk. I didn’t open the letter, because I saw front cover which was enough to let me know the matter. I looked at her eyes and gave her a smile. Actually, I was nervous and upset in my mind. I didn’t want to join the army. I wanted to stay home with my family, but I had to do my duty. We hugged for a long time because it was the last day in my sweet home. Finally, I went into the army. I received high-pressure education and met severe officer. At first, my action was very slow. I couldn’t do well in the army’s task and a lot of irrational things happened around me. It took me one year to become a standard soldier. Army’s life changed me a lot. I can’t be childish in the military. As a result, I grew up more in my life.

7 comments:

  1. I Heard army is very hard. It's very luck for me that we don't have to join the army in my country. Leaving home is another hard thing for us, I remembered that my mom cried a lot when i first left my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your story is very exciting. In my country, we have that rule too. Everyone told me it's very hard. I haven't been called from the army. I think you have grown up a lot when you were a soldier

    ReplyDelete
  3. All boys don't want to go to army. However, if someone went to army, they are changed like a adult. I agree to go to army,,,but i never want to go again,,, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past of my country, every man should enter the army; however, in this days you shouldn't go. It's up to you.

    In my opinion, Army is the best place to make you a man who now how to solve the problem of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my brother are being solider now. However, he hurt his waist, maybe he can finish earlier. It means he can come here to visit me =) I hope he can finish soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. carina----my spell is right?? haha.... can you bring your brother to meet me when he come here. i want to chat about army's life with him~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bill~~i totally agree you. joining the amary is really good for a boy, but i don't want to go back again.

    ReplyDelete