Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Unforgettable Teacher

I had three history teachers each year when I was a high school student; one of them, Mrs. Chang, is my most memorable teacher. I noticed her teaching methods were different from my other history teacher, so she made me get interested in history classes. She caught my attention in her assignments, teaching style, and treatment. First, she told us a lot of stories; in addition, she linked each story together to make history unitedly. For example, if some war happened at 18XX, and another war came up the next year, she would tell the story and explain how the two wars were related, after war what was changed, caused what kind of problems, and what humans learned from it. Because she explained the entire process, I never forgot it. Second, her teaching style was helpful and impressed me. She found many extracurricular readers connecting with our subject. For example, she might give us a handout about some event which happened in ancient times or current news; she talked about how humans solved similar things in different generations. Moreover, she used extra class as much as she could for us to study history. Every day, we had to stay at school after morning class and afternoon class until 9:00 pm. She asked our homeroom teacher borrowed extra class to giving us more details teaching. Even though she really worked hard at teaching, she was always late for class because she had a lot of meetings. Lastly, her treatment of students was fun. For instance, she seemed full of energy; she made us not feel sleepy because she talked loudly and funny during the class. Plus, she talked to us just like she talked with a friend, even though she was old enough to be a grandmother. Mrs. Chang, who helped me improve my history, was the most wonderful teacher I ever had. I will never forget her.

4 comments:

  1. When I finished your paragraph, I thought the teacher was a lively person. She let the history not boring, and could make you remember it. I had a math teacher just liked yours. You will remember forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's a dynamic teacher. you're so lucky when you have a teacher like her. I don't like history class because my teacher always read all of events that's in the history book.
    Oh.....!! I hate history class. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really smart teacher. When I attended histry class, i never met good teacher, so I always felt boring. Finally, I gave up. After you meet your teacher, how about you are grade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. better! more logical, but you know that China's history was too many, it's hard for me to remember all untill now= =!

    ReplyDelete