Monday, April 26, 2010

A Memorable Teacher in My Life

How I can forget Mr. Shin my high school mathematics teacher because he was the most incompetent teacher I ever had? He was a director in charge. However, there was comething wrong with him that he liked to use his position. Perhaps, he was greedy. He made a special compulsory education system which forced all students to study until 11 pm after their classes. It might have been good for some students, but he wanted each student to give him 100 dollars a month. After this happened, my school was featured in a newpaper that students in my school have to spend much money then other schools. His teaching style was traditional with all lectures. He was my mathematics teacher and since my major in hight school was science and mathematics, those subjects were very important. Nonetheless, we had to just memorize not even understand for his old-fashioned teaching method. Furthermore, he never prepared for class, and he gave us wrong explanations. He also spent much time talking about unnecessary thing. When one of my classmates gave her opinion to Mr. Shin about his teaching style; he did not like it, and he slapped her on the cheek. He was not professional. He did not do his duties for students. He had to help students get in to good universities, but he did not have any information about that. Thus, all students had to find infornation about university admission by themselves. I heard that one student's parents offered a bribe to Mr. Shin so that he would help the student to attend a good university. It was unfair and illegal. It is sad that some teachers are so unethical. I just want to ask Mr. Shin why he wanted to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment