Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Learning More When I Am Rewarded

I learned more when I was rewarded by my teacher, Mr. Zhang who taught me calligraphy for three years. I was rewarded in the form of nice comments or gifts and lucky opportunities from Mr. Zhang. For instance, when I finished my paper and turned it into Mr. Zhang, he praised my calligraphy in front of all the students as a reward. Sometimes, he put my papers on the board and stuck them to show all of the students how good they were. Although I felt very embarrassed for the attention, it increased my confidence a lot. Also, Mr. Zhang gave me many books of various styles from different famous calligraphers as gifts so that I had chances to improve my calligraphy. Secondly, Mr. Zhang helped me to get an opportunity which allowed me to represent the best student joining the outside of school’s competitions. As a result, I came out on top always as he wished. At that moment, I knew that I was good at calligraphy from Mr. Zhang’s encouragement, so I won many competitions. In addition, Mr. Zhang introduced me to two of his artist friends. I learned calligraphy not only from Mr. Zhang but also from these other art experts. These artists expanded and enlightened my knowledge of art and aroused my interest in art. Mr. Zhang gave me rewards in the form of opportunities and comments or calligraphy books, so I learned a lot from him.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing confusing about this paragraph is that it seems Mr Zhang is a very memorable teacher and yet that is not the topic. I think this paragraph might have been better if you talked about different teachers who rewarded you in different ways rather than focussing on Mr. Zhang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you are a good student.haha~
    during as a student,teacher never put my paper on the board!!im a bad student!!hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of the important parts to become successful is confidence. Mr. Zhang helped you to build your confidence by rewarding. He is a good teacher~

    ReplyDelete