Tuesday, April 20, 2010

COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

My College entrance examination was very hard but I found some strategies that made preparing easier. This exam includes three subjects: math, physics and chemistry. Studying in class carefully is the first method I used. This was very important to me because if I studied in class, I could understand all materials of the lesson and have chances to ask teacher. I reviewed the lesson that I had learned the day before. In classroom, I tried to listen to my teacher and remember details of the lecture. I took notes what he said and used a mind map and index cards to remember the important formulas, elements etc. For example, I wrote down elements and its features on a side of a card and its chemical reactions on another side. I put them in my pocket and flashed them when I cooked for lunch or dinner. I also used them to study while I waited for the bus or shared them with my friends. It helped me a lot because I could study the lesson anytime and anywhere, especially I could learn my lessons many times. When I did it I could keep them in my mind longer. If there was something I didn’t understand, I would ask my teacher immediately. Studying at home was my second strategy. I created my own schedule to balance between my studying and daily life. For instance, if I slept and woke up early, I would feel very comfortable to study and do my homework. It helped me refresh my mind, so I could remember and study better than if I had stayed up late to prepare the lesson. I tried to do my homework completely. Besides, I also bought other books to practice more. My third strategy is study with my friends. I started a study group so that my classmates and I could study together. We did many tests, homework and shared our study experiences. As the result, I got high scores when I took the College Entrance Examination. I have used these strategies until this day and had many successes in the university.

1 comment:

  1. I will keep your strategies in mind. I believe it would help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete