Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Crucial Decision

Living with an American family was a difficult decision for me. When I decided to study English in America, I was thinking about which places were suitable for me to live. There were three choices for me: live with the home stay family, dormitory, or friend’s house. My father said, “I respect your choice, but it will be better to live in a friend’s house because we know this friend, also, we are not sure whether the home stay family will be nice to you or not.” I spent one week thinking about this crucial decision which would affect my future in the America. To live with an American family was the final decision that I told my parents before I left my country. I sat down in my parents’ bedroom and said, “I am not afraid to live with an American family, and it will have many benefits to stay with American people. The purpose of going to America is because I want to learn the American culture and English.” Furthermore, I do not regret my decision because I have learned much about American culture, love, thinking, speaking, and listening from my American family. For instance, we watched movies, played games, shopped stores, learned how to love each other, and shared cultures together. This decision helped me to increase different experiences in my life, have a lot of fun, and feel safe living in America.

4 comments:

  1. sometimes i envy you can live in homestay because it can help you imorive your English dramatically.XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Sunjing is right. I am planning to live in a homestay . I can speak more english and the homestay famly can prepare us food. I think it's good to live in a homestay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really good family~!! I live in dorm. My roommate is American, but I don't talk to him...He always plays computer games, watch the TV. Whole day, I just say to him "May I turn of the light?" and than, "Good night." That's all~!! He always does anything.... so sad... You have really good family~!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i envy you too. i am living with my aunt and her mom. They talk Vietnamese all day and i can't improve my English. I hope i can live with American family like you

    ReplyDelete