Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Effective Strategies

I used two great strategies to help me prepare for the College Entrance Examination (CEE), which was very difficult and important. One of the strategies is organizing study time. I allocated my study time by varying subjects every day. For example, I spent one hour on English, took a rest, and then I spent another hour on math and took a rest. Afterward, I repeated this process on another subject. Studying in this way, I didn’t feel the review process was boring. In addition, I limited practice exams’ time, which gave me a little stress, but a little stress can aid learning, because it increases attention. I spent a little less time than the complete CEE to practice: it was two hours in math, so I just took 1 hour and 45 minutes. When I took the CEE, I didn’t feel nervous like other students, because the practice helped me to control my time well. The other strategy was to make use of all my mistakes. For example, after I studied about the use of the comma in English, I got confused and made mistakes. I wrote the wrong sentences in my notebook and compared them with correct sentences. Finally, I distinguished the differences and learned from my mistakes. Also, I asked my teachers and classmates to correct my mistakes on my tests and homework. After that, I wrote down the feedback, so that I could do better next time. These strategies really helped me in the examinations; as a result, I plan to use them for my TOEFL test.

3 comments:

  1. I think these strategies are very useful to effective study. If you apply these rules, you can get high score in your TOEFL test. mm,,, I want to use these method. Could I use your method?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think organize study time is very important!
    Like me,i always study in the midnight and then sleep so long,it is very unformal for study~
    i think we all like to sleep so long~haha:)

    ReplyDelete