Monday, April 12, 2010

My ‘Turning Point’

All Korean men must join the military and since I am Korean, I had to join the military. Many people don’t want to join the military becouse they have to leave home, family, and friends. I couldn’t go out except of the vacation. It was really hard. However, joining the military was important to me. I learned many things. The military was my ‘Turning point’. I didn’t want to join the army, of course, but I had to join. Therefore, I thought I needed to join the military early. When I was 20 years old, I told my parents, “I want to join the army.” My parents wondered about me because I am the youngest in my family. My father thought army is useful my life, so he said, “Army is strict, so u will be tired and hard, but that is very helpful your life. I agree about that.” Thus, I joined the military. For the 2 years, we prepared for war. I learned to shoot a gun, and I learned North Korean military. That time I got up early, and I always walked. My life became very regular, so my health was better than before. In addition, I earned money. Although I just earned 50dollars to 90dollars per 1 month, that money was my first salary, and my other expenses were paid for that. I learned the importance of money. That time, I left my family. I missed my family. I didn’t know the importance of my family love before I joined the military. I thought if I leave the army, I help my mother and more love my family than before. The military is very helpful to me. Because of the military, I learned the importance of money and my family. That was really good experience to me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow~~ I am happy I am a girl!!!
    But I think everyboy should join the army!!!
    It is good for everyboy who will become a man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, actually Taiwanese guy not a man,haha, TW's military too weak. Yong told me about south Korean military,too. It is really hard but useful. What he learned during the military now I can see because he fixed and made a lot of things, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think a real man need to join the army!
    Because the army can make us strong and mature!
    If i were a man i could join army too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha~good job Bill.
    I think join the military is good though it is very hard. It will make you life regular, so you will become healthy. And it also temper your will, soldiers are brave!

    ReplyDelete