Monday, April 12, 2010

Parents' Decision

It’s so difficult to change parents’ decision, especially about daughter’s future. Parents always hope their child could make a career which they want. My parents hope could be a piano teacher. In their traditional thinking, they always think that teacher is the best choice for us. They give me two reasons why they insist so strong. The first reason is people could respect you, and the second reason is the income could be well. I have been playing piano for eight years since I was seven years old. In fact, this is a good skill for girls but it is not my passion. In that time, when I played piano I was unhappy, because it is not easy to be a piano teacher, it is a hard process. I had to practice three hours every day, otherwise, my piano teacher was so harsh. Every time I got good score on my piano tests, in my mind, I never felt happy. One day, my grandfather talked me about my future. He said, ”What job is your dream job?”I said, ”I want to be a good manager in fashion marketing.” He smiled to me and said, ”good idea, it is very suitable to you.”But I said,” but my parents want me be a teacher….” He just said, “Tell them why and try to communicate with your parents so they will understand.”And then said, ”choose that you want to be, good luck to you!”Two days later, I called up my courage and talked to parents about this. Through a night talk, they understood my opinion finally. Now i have graduated from a famous business school in Taiwan. And my major is marketing. This big decision is very important for me because I choose what I want. I know maybe I let my parents lose hope. However, they support me in choosing this way. Actually, my father is a business man, he told me,” a office worker is not easy, you have to responsible to your boss.” But I think it is enough that it is interesting thing for me. No matter what happen I will never regret my wise decision because I know I will be successful in fashion marketing.

10 comments:

  1. wow~~I have never hear you said that!!!
    But parents` suggestions would be important to us!!!
    Because your parents` desicion made us meet!!!
    I love you~~ Honey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..
    You two are so sweet. ^^
    Many parents want their children to learn many things at their childhood, so they don’t have happy memories. My parents didn’t do that, but I am regretting why I didn’t learn more thing when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I almost same with you. When I was child, I learned piano, but I didn't like to pratice~just like to chated with my teacher...
    of couse, my dream job is not a piano teacher!



    p.s how about your finger? is it better?>"<

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My parents hope could be a piano teacher." This sentence has some grammar problems. "My parents hope..." You need an object after "hope" and it should be a person. "My parents hope I..." Example: "My students hope I will stop editing their grammar." Then, you also have TENSE problems. It's probably best to use past tense on the main clause (hoped) and then UNREAL CONDITIONAL in the clause. "My parents hoped I would become a piano teacher." You also have a WORD CHOICE problem. "Become" is better than "be" to describe a change from one state of being to another. Example: "I want to BECOME a really good snow boarder." I can use BE here but BECOME empasizes the change from A to B where A = I'm not a good snow boarder and B = I am a good snow boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too me too, when I was a child, I hated practiced piano; however, now I want to play piano so badly. I don't know why, haha!!!

    p.s actually, the msg I cent to u is wrong...I should sent to another person@@

    ReplyDelete
  6. to zoe:
    hahaha stupid!:)
    i think my grammar is weak, i need more practice!!!!!
    thank u guys give me those advices
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...almost of us learned paino when we were young. and almost of us didn't do it well including me....haha.

    Dear Iris: keep going on your dream. I belive your dream will come true when you never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! I think fashion marketing it's right for you.Your decision is correct.I also like this major,but i don't have a chance to do this. You're very lucky!You will be able to fulill
    your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi~Iris, I am so happy that you made this decision by yourself even though your parents didn't agree with your decision. Trying to communicate with your family is very important because we will get some ideas from our parents who have older experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why did everyone need to learn the piano when you sre a child?????????????
    Why didn`t my mom let me to learn it???
    Tell me Tell me~~~

    ReplyDelete