Monday, April 12, 2010

Making a Big Decision

I chose to leave home to come to the U.S.A for study when I graduated high school and this was my biggest decision. I always relied on my parents, so I wanted to use this opportunity to learn independence. My parents both agreed with my decision and thought it was a good time for me to grow up; however, they still worried about me because I’m not good at expressing my feelings. I always hide in my mind what I really want to say. ”If you have problems just ask. Don't be embarrassed to ask people,” my dad said. I came to L.A. because my aunt lives here, and my uncle can help me to join the new life. I enjoy my fresh life and excited everythings arround me; however, I still faced lots of problems such as my bank accounts were closed by some events. At first, my aunt helped me to solve problems, I always thought people would help me, but one day I made my aunt angry at me, ”I already taught you, I don’t have time,” she said. I felt weak and cried. I couldn’t understand why she couldn’t help me and got angry at me at that moment. However, I figured out why. She has her own family and she has her own life. Most important thing was I forgot why I came here for. I left home not only to study but also to learn independence. In addition, She talked to me after that day, ”I just want you to know, you should handle stuff by yourself. If you can do it, your parents will be proud of you.” During this conversation, I expressed my opinion, and our relationship improve a lot. After this event, I changed a lot. For example, I can now solve problems by myself, and I can express my opinion easily, and I’m not scared to learn something new. I appreciate my aunt now because she helped me a lot to grow up to become more responsible. I really enjoy my new life now. I know I will face lots of challenges, but I will do my best to solve all the problems fearlessly in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Wow~~~ we have to do everything by myself, so we will get more strong!!!
    We can enjoy our life together~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rita.In a foreign country, everything need to complete our own.Although sometimes we feel helpless, but we also learn a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree u guys too!Leave home to study is a hard decision.No matter what difficult situation happen, it is a good chance fou us. We sould keep going~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have something want to say, just tell us; don’t be hesitate, because we are friends. ^^
    Actually, you speaking is much better than us now, and you can solve many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you!Leave home to study or work is a hard and big decision.it is a good chance fou us. we can learn how to solve problem and grow up more in our life We sould keep going~:)

    ReplyDelete