Monday, April 12, 2010

One Thing I Feel Regret About


Peichu Lian (Justin)
One Thing I Feel Regret About
Watching my best friend commit suicude is the worst thing I’v experienced, it changed me a lot on my way of helping people. Tang was one of my best friends since I was very young. Although I left my hometown for study after high school, I would stay some days at his home every time I went back. The tragedy happened two years ago. I was on the way to his home. Walking on the street, I was very excited, because I hadn’t seen him for almost half a year. While I was planning what we were going to do in the next few weeks, I found there were lots of people crowded together and shouting in front of a shopping mall. It was too far to hear what they were shouting about, so I just recognized a few words such as “jump” or “police”. I knew something was happening, so I galloped towards the shopping mall. When I reached the mall and stood in the crowd, I saw a guy was standing on the top of the building. I asked an old man beside me: “Did anyone call the police?” “Of course, many people called 110 when they realized this guy is trying to commit suicide,” he said anxiously. I looked up. This guy was standing on the edge of the building and vacillating by the blow of the strong wind. I didn’t know what I should do. “The police are coming,” I told myself; “I don’t know thisguy, so all I need to do is wait like the others.” Suddenly, someone screamed. Then I heard something dropped on the ground. “Bang”! Quickly looked up, I almost fainted when I realized it was my friend Tang. I easily recognized him even though blood and dust were on his face. I was so scared and regretful. I knew I might stop it if I stepped forward to talk with tang. I had a chance to save my friend from committing suicide, but I didn’t do it because I thought just wanted to stay away from problems, and let other people do it. From this experience, I learned that I should help others when they need it.

5 comments:

  1. What a sad story here. I am really sorry to read your paragraph. I hope you will get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very afflictive to read this paragraph. I feel so sad about this and don’t know what to say. Hoping you will get over your distress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sorry for your lost. i hope you can get it over. And i think it's not your fault when you couldn't stop him because you didn't know that's him. Take care Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sad about your story!
    i agree teddy said, this is not your fault.
    i think you already do your best for this~

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm I also have kind of your experience. I hope you will overcome from your regretful experience. your friend already knows you were his good friend.

    ReplyDelete