Monday, April 12, 2010

Study in a Foreign Country

Leaving my parents and leaving by myself when I finished my university was a big decision in my life. In Taiwan, many people think that having a good English skill is the best thing for their future. Therefore, my mother wants me to go to study abroad and live with my uncle. Actually, I didn`t want to go to LA without my family. I have never left home over 3 months, so I thought this is a big change in my whole life. However, I didn`t want to let my mother angry. I knew she wanted me to break up with my boyfriend, so I accepted my mother`s suggestion. My father who is an emotional person didn`t want to let me go at first. He just hoped I could stay with him, and he would be so happy. Although he didn`t want to let me study, he just told me, “Do everything you want to do.” But I think he was so sad when he talked to me because he knew I had already made my decision. When I came to LA, everything was so strange. I promised my family that I would do everything well. I was so scared to do or talk with American people for one month. In addition, I missed my family and friends so much. Since I met Iris, I feel that everything is not too bad. We have the same hobbies and topics, and we are so closed. She makes me not feel so lonely and not miss my country so much. Now I love this place a lot, and I want to get my MBA in Los Angeles. I meet many different staffs and people who change my mind. Everything has a difficult side so I have to overcome it. “Do anything you want and enjoy the access” my uncle said, and he always wants to help me not miss my country a lot. I am happy that my mother insisted on studying abroad because here there are challenges for me to face. I came here for six months, I think I change many things such as my life, my health, and my viewpoints. Now my mother is afraid of I don`t want to go back! I always tell her why I love here and what is the interesting thing in here, so I hope they can take a vacation here. I want to take them to everywhere and let them know what my life is like. Leaving home is my big turning point, and I want to say Thank You for my mother. And I also say it to my father who pays the bill to let me study. This change has given me more courage and power, so the decision is a good thing for me. If I have a choice again, I will say yes to my mother and hope that I can go here soon! So I think this decision was a glorious one.

7 comments:

  1. I left by myself, too. When I first time came to America, I just took plane alone, and there weren’t any relatives or friends in L.A. In addition, I also never left my family for a long time, maybe less than one month. I admire that you meet Iris here and have such a good friendship.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with you~ I miss my country, family, and friends.... I hope us can go home as soon as I can = ) Leave home is really big decision for us, so friends is very important.I love my all classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. This is my first time leave home so long time. I don't think I can make it without Sophia. By the way, I don't have any bf when I at TW, so I don't have that problem, kk. I'm sure everything will be right to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. honey,we can fight together ok?
    i think another reason why you are here is to meet me!!hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky because you met Iris. Have her stay with you for life in America you will not alone,and you also adapt to life in here. So your decision is right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris~~I think you have a water face.( transfer to Taiwaness language)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My all classmates are my best friends in LA!!!
    You are the best~~~ I love you~~~

    ReplyDelete