Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do Not be Afraid to Go for Your Dream

I was afraid to do something new, but there was my friend who changed my life even my thought. I am a senior university student now, and my major is Design and Material which I study so that I can design Environmently-friendly products. When I was a junior, I was curious about advertising. I wanted to study advertising, but I did not have the courage to try it. I thought that it was late to start to study new thing. I mean other students had already studied many things about advertising. So, I talked to my friend who used to study advertising and work in a publicity department. He said, "Do not be afraid. You are still young. It is your life. If you think it is late, it tells you should choose it immediately and study hard. I do not want you to be regretful later, and I can also help you." After, talking with him, his advice gave me a lot of courage, and I could finally decide to have one more major. I attended the advertising class, and my first mission was making advertising as if I were the leader of agency which makes all kind of advertising. How I would introduce my company to advertisers. It was like a competition. I had no idea how to make advertising. I was taught many things from my friend so I made advertising which was based on his advice. Even though, I did not have many skills, I enjoyed making it. I collected the other's advertising and read lots of magazines. On the day of the competition, I presented my advertising plan in the class. "I have an ambition of my company. All people in my agency will catch advertiser's idea exactly, and we are confident that we can help you." That was what I explained. In the competition, I could not believe that I was the winner, and I took more encouragement from the competition. I was thankful to my friend, and he was also happy. I realized that if someone wants to do something, he or she does need to think too much, and does not need to be afraid. It is better to just go for it.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! you made a good decision! hope I have a courage the same with you to make a big decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great Yegrina. You have many good friends. That's lucky for you.

    ReplyDelete